You might become fed up with being overweight. But you don’t have the facility and expenses to go to the gym. As a matter of fact, you may try an exercise with better results with activities you enjoy, like swimming. When trying to lose weight, many people turn to swimming as a low-impact way to get in shape and burn calories. While any type of workouts can be helpful for weight loss, swimming may offer some unique benefits.
Best 3 Swimming Workouts for Supercharged Weight Loss
High-intensity interval swimming
One type of workout is a high-intensity interval swim. This type of workout includes sprints and intervals of high-intensity swimming followed by recovery swims. While it might seem like a lot of work, these workouts can burn a lot of calories in a short amount of time.
1. Sprints Swim Workout
Sprinting is another effective swimming workout that can burn calories in 10 to 15 minutes.
Sprint swimming can be an excellent way to help with weight loss. Here are some tips on how to get the most out of your sprints:
- At first, make sure you warm up properly before starting your sprints. A good warm-up will help you avoid injury and get your muscles ready for the workout.
- Start slowly and gradually increase your speed as you go. There’s no need to go all out from the start; you’ll only tire yourself out too quickly.
- Always focus on your technique and make sure you’re using proper form. This will help you swim more efficiently and help prevent injury.
- Remember to cool down and stretch when you’re finished. This will help your muscles recover and prevent soreness.
You can perform sprints for one to two lengths of the pool or even half-lengths. In addition, you can also alternate between breaststroke, backstroke, and butterfly. You can even try sprinting for an hour to increase your fitness level.
2. Recovery Swims Workout
The idea behind recovery swims is that they help you burn more calories than you would if you just did a normal workout. This is because recovery swims help you to increase your heart rate and metabolism.
- Firstly, you need to make sure that you are swimming at a moderate to high intensity. This means that you should be swimming at a pace that makes it difficult to carry on a conversation. If you can swim laps and still carry on a conversation, you are not swimming fast enough.
- Secondly, you will have to make sure that you are swimming for at least 30 minutes at a time. This may seem like a lot, but it is important to get your heart rate up and to keep it up for an extended period of time in order to see results.
- Thirdly, you need to make sure that you are using the right strokes. The best strokes for weight loss are freestyle, breaststroke, and butterfly. These strokes will help you burn the most calories.
- Finally, you need to make sure that you are staying hydrated. Swimming can be tough on your body and it is important to make sure that you are drinking plenty of water before, during, and after your workout.
3. Swimming in various strokes
The best swimming workouts for weight loss require swimming in various strokes. Backstroke is an advanced stroke that works your arms, chest, thighs, and back. It is slower than the breaststroke but will work all your muscle groups. Combining these swimming exercises can be an excellent choice for weight loss and a fit body.
- Freestyle is the most common stroke and is often used for fitness swimming. It is a continuous stroke that uses a flutter kick and alternating arm motions.
- Backstroke is performed by lying on your back and kicking your legs in a continuous motion while your arms move in a circular pattern.
- Breaststroke is a slower stroke that uses a breaststroke kick and a pull through motion with the arms.
- Butterfly is the most difficult of the four strokes and is often used in competitive swimming. It uses a dolphin kick and both arms move simultaneously.
Those new to swimming should talk to a doctor and ask for his or her approval before beginning a new workout. Moreover, you should never swim alone and always have someone with you. Swimming is also a good exercise for beginners as it will help burn calories. However, you should swim safely if you have certain medical conditions.
Benefits of Swimming: 5 Reasons why you should be in the pool
Swimming is a great low-impact aerobic exercise that improves circulation and increases muscle strength and endurance. The water also increases flexibility and improves posture, reducing your risk of chronic illnesses and injuries. Swimming is a full-body workout because different strokes target different body parts.
Besides, swimming is a great cardiovascular workout and is one of the best forms of exercise for weight loss. According to former Navy SEAL Stew Smith, it is possible to burn over 750 calories in one hour of swimming. He coached thousands of Special Ops recruits in swimming. Beginners can start by learning the backstroke, sidestroke, and breaststroke and build their aerobic capacity.
Aside from being an excellent cardiovascular exercise, swimming is also an excellent way to build muscle. It is safe for senior citizens and people with joint problems. Swimming is also an excellent way to prevent injuries caused by high-impact workouts. If you decide to swim, make sure you choose a workout that is appropriate for your level.
Swimming can effectively lose weight because it works all your muscles. Not only will it burn fat, but it will also help you develop stronger muscles, improve your endurance, and reduce your stress levels. Swimming can also improve your flexibility, which will benefit your overall health.
Moreover, swimming can effectively lose weight because it works all your muscles. Not only will it burn fat, but it will also help you develop stronger muscles, improve your endurance, and reduce your stress levels. Swimming can also improve your flexibility, which will benefit your overall health.
A good swimming workout will burn about 800 calories in an hour. If done four times a week, this can help you drop 3 to four pounds monthly. It can also help you lose belly fat, as swimming will work on your entire body and help you build lean muscle mass. By incorporating this exercise into your daily routine, you can also add an extra workout to your weekly workouts.